Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things that we've learned in Canada...

So, we've been in Canada for a few days now, and there are a couple of things that we've found out:

1) DON'T SPEED! Since we got in to Canada, we've seen at least four people pulled over per day. It seems to me like the police don't have any other crimes to worry about, so they actually enforce speed limits... crazy, I know. Today, I was driving 40 km/h in a construction zone (the speed limit), and someone flew around me in a no passing zone. About 2 km down the road, a police car came up behind me with his sirens on, passed me, and then pulled that guy over (actually, it was a middle aged woman). So, lesson learned... don't speed in Canada; they will get you. Here's a picture of that poor individual who was smart enough to speed pass me in a no-passing, construction zone:



2) Be careful about the wildlife. They will sit in the middle of the road, and they don't even care that you can't get around them.

3) Also, if you are staying in a hostel, bring amazing food to cook. Seriously. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, people are making meals that wouldn't be out of place in a decent restaurant. I don't have a picture here because hostel kitchens are not places that you generally would like to see a picture of. Think school cafeteria with a bunch a twenty-somethings instead of a lunch lady...

4) John Denver wasn't full of crap when he sang about Jasper, Alberta (two men, four ponies... you know the song). I was stunned after every corner we turned.


No comments:

Post a Comment